You are not eligible for coverage under this policy if:
- you are travelling against the advice of a physician;
- you have been diagnosed with a terminal illness with less than two (2) years to live;
- you have been diagnosed with or received treatment within the last two (2) years for pancreatic, lung, brain, or liver cancer;
- you have ever been diagnosed with any type of cancer that has spread from one part or organ of the body to another (metastatic cancer);
- you have had or are waiting for an organ or bone marrow transplant (excluding corneal transplant);
- you have ever been diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure;
- you have been prescribed or used home oxygen in the last 12 months;
- you require kidney dialysis;
- you reside in a nursing home or long term care facility; and/or
- you are age 86 or older.
We reserve the right to decline any application.
One or more persons may be insured under one policy. However, the effective date and expiry date must be identical for all applicants. Each applicant must pay their appropriate individual premium unless family rates apply. Be sure to review the waiting period definition to determine if there is any time that you will not be reimbursed for expenses related to any sickness manifesting during that time.