Waiting Period means a period, starting from the
effective date of this policy, during which premiums are
payable but claims resulting from any sickness will be not
eligible for reimbursement. Any sickness that manifests
itself during the waiting period is not covered even if
related expenses are incurred after the waiting period.
A waiting period will apply if you:
- purchase this policy after your arrival date or
- fail to properly notify us of your actual arrival date (as explained in Your Coverage Starts); or
- decrease your deductible amount or change from
a 21st Century plan that does not cover stable
pre-existing medical conditions to one that does
or increase your aggregate policy limit when you
purchase consecutive policies with no gap between
the expiry date of the previous policy and the
effective date of the subsequent policy.
The following waiting periods apply in the above circumstances:
- if, within the first 30 days after your arrival date: you purchased or activated this policy, or failed to properly notify 21st Century (as explained in Your Coverage Starts)the waiting period is 72 hours.
- if, 31 or more days after your arrival date: you purchased or activated this policy, or failed to properly notify 21st Century (as explained in Your Coverage Starts)the waiting period is 7 days.
The waiting period will be waived if this policy:
- is purchased or activated on or prior to the expiry
date of an existing Visitors to Canada policy already
issued by us to take effect on the day following such
expiry date, provided there is no increase in the
aggregate policy limit or decrease in the deductible
amount and there is no change from Standard to
Enhanced coverage rates; or
- is purchased prior to your arrival date (unless you
failed to notify 21st Century (as explained in Your
Coverage Starts); or
- we specifically waive or modify the the waiting period.
If you have coverage with another insurer during the first
part of your trip, and you are purchasing or activating this
insurance after your arrival date and there will be no gap in
your coverage, you may submit a Special Consideration Form
and request to have the waiting period waived. You must
be in good health and provide proof satisfactory to us that
you have other coverage in force prior to purchasing this
policy and receive written approval from us.